July 1, 2011....Well today was our 32 week check up with Dr. Kennedy. At our last visit, two weeks ago, we were measuring quite a bit larger than usual, actually 2 weeks larger. Today confirmed again that we are in fact going to have a big baby girl. Today we measured 34 1/2 weeks big!! Needless to say, my mind immediately started a whirlwind of thoughts about changing my due date, changing schedules, etc. but Dr. Kennedy told us she would not by any means take the baby any earlier than our original date of August 17th, unless complications arose or I started laboring on my own. So now, the wait is on for seven more long weeks.
I have relied on a bible verse a lot these past days and weeks. "My soul trusts in You until these calamities have passed by", Psalms 57:1. As well as a saying I have taped to my bathroom mirror, "God my delay or deny our request, but He will never disappoint our trust." These words have spoken to me over and over again. As anxious as I am to meet our little Autumn Elizabeth, she still needs time to finish those last few precious weeks of development. Everytime I have a sore muscle or can't turn over in bed at night, I remind myself that this will all be very much worth it in the end.
This baby is such a blessing to us and it's hard to wait to see her for the very first time. Thank you Jesus for our little, okay maybe not so little, miracle!!
No comments:
Post a Comment